Thursday, November 10, 2022

people are actually looking at this now! entry one?

so apparently putting the website in my twitter immediately attracted views to the page. i might as well add something else in here to make it less uninteresting. i guess i'll use this blog as my online diary! i've always wanted to be old school annoying on the internet. this is a great way to start. i'd like to have something to preserve my legacy. my friend calvin tried to guide me through making a neocities website but honestly it's a bit of an inconvenience as a blog. this is so much easier. 

technically this is my first entry so i'm gonna tell you guys all about what i've been up to today! i take a lot of sciences and that is extremely awful when ncea exams roll around cause they're just a massive pain in the ass to take. mock exams went south and if i want to pass i need to study up for two terms worth of chemistry lessons. thanks a lot COVID i miss one week of school and i might as well wish that biology scholarship farewell. so, i'm up to a lot of studying this week seeing as my exam is in six days. 

speaking of science, i've decided that i'm going to be starting a science club at my school next year. it's going to be my final year of high school (grade 12 for you americans,) and i've almost done nothing meaningful at school. i was a prize recipient at our schools award ceremony and sitting there with my singular english scholar award whilst people were literally racking up award after award made me realize how i'm not abusing the shit out of my school's recourses enough! i could be doing more than what i am. i mean, you can only really attend high school once unless you dropped out early and regret it when you're in your forties. that's why i'm going to be joining the student council and starting my own science club! i'm not much for sports but i like general science and i feel like that's commendable enough to get some funding from the school for stuff like field trips! they don't really do much at school for students that don't actively engage in ten thousand different things. and the way the school operates could do with some... friendly suggestions? fingers crossed i can climb up the ranks to be able to make some changes in my final year for everyone cause we're all pretty frustrated at how our school operates. 

progress update on my fancomic "rotisserie quest"! 

i have finished sketching out the final design for the strider-egbert apartment. learning adobe flash has been, well, a failure. that's fine, i'll figure out the ropes eventually! i plan on making it quite heavily illustrated. no beautiful colors or anything, mainly cause i like the look better especially cause i'm going to do everything in my power to avoid the homestuck^2 look. my inspiration comes from riddler's gammon, another of hussie's works. would be nice if i got more help with the writing though. as much as i can write myself (because this is just some weird sort of fictional autobiography about a life i haven't lived yet), writing the people interacting with rotisserie-egbert is going to be difficult without help. i do want to include the whole homestuck entourage so i gotta get some more help when it comes to capturing the essence of everyone else in my comic. maybe help coming up with clever jokes and funny twists and turns would be great too. it'll happen eventually. 

anyways, if you can't tell i'm a very very busy guy with a lot on his plate already and i have so many ideas i want to add to said full plate! been watching a lot of night court and hanging out with my best friend dave to relax and forget about the massive weight on my back. hopefully i can get around to going back to learning javascript. 

-eb

No comments:

Post a Comment